The CL5 precision thickness gauge offers a full range of functionality in an easy-to-use, compact and rugged package.
It is used for precise thickness measurements of metal and plastic components whose complex geometry often makes them difficult to inspect with conventional gauges.
The CL5 is able to display the ultrasonic response in real-time by using the optional live A-scan to properly align the transducer and verify the accuracy of the test as components become more complex in shape.
Data management for the CL5 is provided through an optional programmable data recorder, using a standard SD card.
The user-friendly design provides intuitive operation, with easy-to-understand on-screen prompts, without the need for dedicated keys.
CL5 Thickness Gauge Features:
* Enhanced measurement performance resulting in highly stable and repeatable readings
* Snapshot A-Scan on all models for probe alignment and data control
* Rugged housing, environmentally sealed to be used almost everywhere
* Flexible power supply with 3 standard “AA” batteries or one-Lithium-Poly battery pack (rechargeable in the instrument)
* Operating temperature range from -10°C up to 60°C
* Hollow / Filled thickness digits indicating coupling status
* Visual LED alarm for High and Low limit
* Customer parameter set ups for special configurations and quick instrument configuration
* Multi-language user interface
* Automatic control of ultrasonic parameters (gain and gate controls)
* Six different measurement and display modes for application specific operation
* Wide variety of contact and delay line probes
* Optional Live A-Scan and Programmable Data Recorder with SD memory card
* Optional velocity mode for sound velocity determination
The CL5 is used in various industries, particularly in the automotive and aerospace sectors, as both a quality control and production metrology tool. It can be used to spot check the thickness of incoming material such as steel coil. It can be used to monitor machining operations by carrying out intermediate and final thickness measurements. It can also be used to provide precision thickness measurements of plastic components. The CL5 is compatible with a wide range of contact and delay line probes and its Delay Auto Measurement Mode automatically changes from interface to first backwall to multi-echo measurement when using delay line probes to gauge very thin components.
- CL5 Precision Thickness Gauge Base Instrument
- Lithium Poly Battery Pack,
- AC Power Supply,
- Plastic Carrying Case,
- Wire Stand,
- XL Couplant Sample, 4 Ounce,
- Firmware Upgrade CD-ROM (requires PCCBL-419 cable),
- Operating Manual and CD-ROM (English, German, French, Spanish),
- Operating Instruction Cards (English, German, French, Spanish),
- Certificate of Conformity,
**(No Deletions to Above)
A probe is required, but sold separately.
The CL5 is covered by a full two year warranty on parts and labor.
Approximate shipping weight of the CL5 is 3 lbs.