This cleverly designed hardness tester attaches to steel or cast iron parts by magnetic force, so it is only necessary to have access to one side of the workpiece.
The test principle and accuracy comply with ISO6508 and ASTM E110 standards for Rockwell hardness testing. Tolerance of this portable tester is +/- 1.5HRC, comparable to the accuracy of benchtop models.
The PHR-100 can test almost any ferromagnetic workpiece, provided there is enough flat or cylindrical surface to affix the tester. Test horizontally, vertically, or at an angle. Suggested applications include the hardness of steel plate, pipe, shafts, pressure vessels, large workpieces, assembled parts, and especially the heat-affected zone (HAZ) of welds.
The test is quick, easy, and steady with good repeatability and accuracy.
- Hardness Tester.
- 120 diamond cone indenter.
- 1.588mm carbide ball indenter.
- 3 Rockwell test blocks.
- V anvil (with adapter screws).
- Base for standard test block.
- Carrying case.
- Initial Test Force: 10 kg
- Rockwell Test Force: 60 kg, 100 kg, or 150 kg
- Indenters: 120° diamond cone, 1.588mm carbide ball
- Force Applying Method: by screw
- Maximum Magnetic Force: >350 kg
- Test Range: Rockwell hardness HRC, HRB, HRA, etc. 15 scales
- Resolution: Rockwell hardness 0.5 HR
- Accuracy: Meets the requirements of ISO6508
- Minimum Specimen Size: 60×180 mm